Spiritual care is a vital need across industries, including hospitals, universities, prisons, military, immigration, family and social services, disaster relief, airports, and corporations. This program provides the skills to effectively serve persons from diverse religious backgrounds in a wide variety of situations and life stages. Coursework will incorporate practical spiritual care and interreligious training, as well as counseling, theology, and ethics.
Graduate Theological Union’s Interreligious Chaplaincy Program fulfills a requirement for board certification and equips students with spiritual caregiving skills and knowledge necessary to practice chaplaincy in traditional and non-traditional chaplaincy settings. The ICP works closely with the GTU's Centers for Jewish, Dharma, and Islamic Studies and with affiliate institutions to increase the competency of chaplaincy students in traditions underrepresented among institutional chaplains.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The ICP is offering courses to cover the following subjects:
- Chaplaincy settings and models
- Rituals in chaplaincy
- Interreligious approaches to spiritual Care
- Seminar in pediatric chaplaincy
- Spirituality in bereavement: interfaith perspective
- Theologies of death across traditions
- Spiritual care for marginalized communities
- Religious and spiritual diversity in counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Apply before July 15, 2021, and your application fee will be waived.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology Counselling View 883 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MA from the GTU, GTU consortial member school, or other master’s program in religion or a related discipline.
- Letter of recommendation from a peer in the spiritual care field, a religious leader, or a faculty adviser.
- Apply before July 15, 2021, and your application fee will be waived.
International500 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 500 USD per credit during 12 months.
National500 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 500 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.