Programme Food Studies
In the Food Studies programme of the Wageningen University and Research you develop scientific, research and communication skills while studying throughout Europe. It is a great way to combine academic training from the world’s best food universities with the real-world industry.
The collaboration with our industrial partners gives you the opportunity to experience working in world-class facilities and learning from leaders in the various field. Partners in this unique programme are Heineken, Nestle, Mondelez, DSM, Firmenich, Mars, Groupe Lactalis, Tetra Pak, Jacobs Douwe Egberts and Unilever.
Graduates of the European master's in Food Studies generally find a job in the food industry in R&D positions, quality assurance or management positions or they pursue a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food Ingredient Functionality
- Food Structuring
- Advanced Food Physics
- Food Flavour Design
- Sensory Analysis, Flavour and Colour
- Consumer Behaviour in Food Markets
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesChemistry Health Sciences Food Sciences View 88 other Masters in Health Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Relevant academic background: sufficient food science curriculum (priority is given to graduates of BSc Food Technology)
- Academic level: high GPA, quality of university
- Motivation & interest
- Research experience: BSc thesis, internships, other projects, abroad experience
- Letters of recommendation
- Extra-curricular activities: transferrable skills, such as team work, organizational skills, leadership, dedication, time management, communication, independence, foreign languages.
- Another (completed) MSc programme or some years of working experience in a relevant area (if applicable)
- Personality assessment
- Added value to the team: EMFS does not only recruit individuals, but also a group of students with diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, a unique set of skills and personality.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17616 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17616 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.