This masters degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) In-Service from University College London (UCL) will give you the opportunity to discuss and debate issues related to teaching second and foreign languages. You will also develop your knowledge of how theory can inform practice in second and foreign language education. You will deepen your understanding of key concepts and ideas, and develop your ability to select, design and evaluate language teaching materials.
Graduates of this programme are currently working across a broad range of areas. Some are working as English language teachers from early years to higher education, while others have jobs as senior managers and directors of study in the private sector and in state schools. Graduates can also be found working as textbook writers, editors, publishers, education journalists, NGO and development officers, education consultants, policy advisers, researchers and PhD students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bilingualism and Multilingualism
- Discourse, Society and Culture
- English in Diverse World Contexts
- Language and Identity
- Language Testing and Assessment
- Materials Development for Language Teaching
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Linguistics View 387 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have a second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (e.g. English, languages, education, linguistics).
- Applicants normally need at least two years' full-time language teaching experience or part-time equivalent post first degree. Applicants normally also have a teaching qualification although this is not an entry requirement.
- Please note that having sufficient language teaching experience after having completed your undergraduate degree is an essential entry requirement.
- If you do not have the required teaching experience, you might be interested in applying for either the Applied Linguistics MA or the Teaching of English to Speakers of other Languages (Pre-Service) MA, which do not have previous teaching experience as an entry requirement.
International23300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,250
- International: £11,650
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.