The MASc in Creative Health from University College London (UCL) is the first of its kind in the UK, providing the first Masters level ‘Arts and Sciences’ degree at postgraduate level, with a focus on arts and health sciences. The programme seeks to address growing interest in the fields of Arts and Health, with a focus on research-led practice, community engagement, non-clinical interventions (esp. social prescribing) and experiential teaching.
The MASc will create a new generation of socially engaged scholars and practitioners to meet the needs of a changing health, social care and voluntary third sector, where personalised care and the patient experience are mainstreamed into primary, secondary and community health.
This is a brand new qualification and programme, and as such there are no Alumni but we anticipate that graduates will be well placed to take up a position within health or social care, the arts, cultural and creative sectors, and community, local government, NGO, voluntary and third sectors. Creative Health is also a growing area of research so we anticipate that graduates may enter PhD opportunities in related fields.
- Arts, Nature and Wellbeing: Non-Clinical Interventions in Health
- Lived Experience in Policy, Practice and Research
- Approaches to Interdisciplinarity
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1778 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Normally a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard in psychology, medicine/biomedicine, nursing and other allied health professions, sciences, arts, liberal arts, humanities and social sciences. Professional experience in the fields of arts, culture and health, or social prescribing, is desirable.
- An applicant whose qualifications vary from UCL standards may be admitted if evidence of an adequate academic background and work experience in an appropriate field can be shown.
- Intercalating MBBS/BMBS applicants are welcomed provided applicants have an undergraduate degree (2:1 minimum or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
International26600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK £6,450
- Overseas £13,300
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.