The MA gives a 360-degree perspective on child protection, introducing you to the viewpoints of academics, practitioners, organisations, parents, children and young people, integrated with contemporary research theory and policy. The impact that technology has on protecting children as well as the effect of the globalisation of the abuse and exploitation of vulnerable children is considered throughout.
The Advanced Child Protection programme from University of Kent has attracted national and international students, all with a variety of experience in child protection. The opportunity to access this diverse pool of knowledge, within an environment that allows you to question and excel, has made the Advanced Child Protection MA a success.
Our Master’s and stand-alone modules give you the opportunity to further your career and expertise in child protection. As well as benefiting from Kent’s academic excellence, you gain insight into multi-agency relationships and responsibilities. The Centre attracts students from across social work, health, education, probation and the third sector, and widens your potential learning experience. The distance learning delivery of the Master’s programme enables you to fit learning around your life and work commitments and you have the chance to apply your knowledge as you progress. Each cohort contains a unique mix of experiences and professions, providing a valuable opportunity for information exchange and networking.
- Understanding Social Research
- Definitions, Prevalence, Causes and Consequences of Child Abuse and Neg
- Contemporary Child Protection Practice and Policies
- The 'Unconscious at Work': The OrganizationalDimensions of Risk-Managem
- Support, Help and Intervention in International Child Protection
- Support, Help and Intervention
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Sociology Counselling View 918 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second class honours degree. In certain circumstances, the School will consider candidates who have not followed a conventional education path and these cases are assessed individually.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
International5050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5050 GBP per year during 24 months.
National5050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5050 GBP per year during 24 months.
- PCert: £3367
- PDip: £3367
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.