It is hard to overstate the importance of UX in our relationship with the digital environment.
Forrester has established that organizations that invest in UX have fared better than most in bull markets and in recessions (Forrester, 2015). This is truer than ever, now that the pandemic has broadened the adoption of remote work, online social life and entertainment.
Learn User Experience fundamentals from the professors of the most important UX lab in North America.
In this UX Design and Evaluation MicroMasters program offered by EdX in partnership with HECMontrealX, you will learn to meet organizational goals and satisfy users by applying a user-centred process to the digital products and services development that solve industry-relevant, real-world problems.
What you will learn
- Design professional interfaces offering quality user experiences;
- Develop empathy and insights using Web analytics and qualitative and quantitative methods;
- Leverage insights from data in order to propose empirically-based recommendations;
- Prototype low-tech mock-ups to high-fidelity interactive interfaces; and
- Execute formal lab evaluations for all user testing, including compliance testing.
- A user-centred UX approach is invaluable in all steps of digital product and service development, from early research, identifying strategic insight, to innovation, interface design, prototyping and testing, as well as managing UX projects.
- UX demand for UX specialists is strong and will grow some a hundredfold between 2017 and 2050, as organizations around the world strive towards UX maturity. (Source: Jakob Nielsen, NNGroup)
- The skills you will learn here such as Design Thinking, UI Design, UX Prototyping, User Testing, and Quantitative UX Data Analysis, are regularly listed in top job listings every week (Source: LinkedIn).
- Career opportunities include UX Researcher, UX Designer, UI Designer, UX Specialist, and UX Project Lead if your background is in project management.
- The average salary for a UX Designer or a UX Specialist in the USA is $100,000 a year, for a UI Designer, $84,000. (Source: Indeed).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to User Experience
- UX Research
- UX Design
- UX Prototyping
- UX Evaluation
- UX Data Analysis
- UX Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 months
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design User Experience Design View 92 other Masters in Graphic Design in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1794 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1794 USD for the full programme and a duration of 10 months.
National1794 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1794 USD for the full programme and a duration of 10 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.