Students of the Middle Eastern Culture and Pedagogy (Certificate NDP) from University of Arizona will register for twelve graduate credits (normally four 3 credit 500 level courses) distributed as follows.
The School of Middle Eastern and North African Studies is a multi-disciplinary unit focusing on the region extending from Morocco to Afghanistan which includes the Arab world, Iran, Israel and Turkey, providing a full range of language courses in Arabic, Persian, Turkish and Hebrew (through Judaic Studies) and undergraduate and graduate studies in culture, history, religion, politics and conflict.
MENAS offers programs leading to the Bachelor of Arts (BA), Master of Arts (MA) and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees in Near Eastern Studies, with courses in Anthropology, Art and Architecture, Geography, History, Linguistics, Islamic Studies, Literary Studies, Mass Culture and Media Studies, Minority Studies, and Political Science.
MENAS offers, in conjunction with other departments, a Dual MA in MENAS and Journalism, a Dual MA in MENAS and Library Science, a Dual MA-MPA in MENAS and Public Policy, and a Dual PhD in MENAS and Anthropology. Minor Programs in MENAS are offered for PhD students in other departments
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Islamic Movements in the Contemporary Muslim World
- North African Societies - History, Culture, & Politics
- Historiography: The Annals of the Arab Israeli Conflict
- Language and Society in the Middle East
- Iranian Culture and Society
- Islamic Mysticism
- Arabic Language Variation: Linguistic Analysis, Diglossia and Ideology in Multiple Genres
- Turkey: Culture, Power, and History
- Gender Issues and Women's Literature in the Middle East
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Pedagogy Linguistics View 701 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- 3 Letters of recommendation from academic references preferable. Note: recommenders will be required to upload their letters through the graduate college website. Instructions on how this works are provided within the online application process- we do not have a recommendation form.
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Writing Sample (term paper, chapter of thesis, etc.)
- GPA 3.0 on undergraduate or M.A. degree (cumulative GPA or last 60 semester units if your undergraduate GPA is lower than 3.0 cumulative; graduate GPA taken will be cumulative only)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.