Students are able to acquire proficiency in one or more specialized areas through advanced coursework, and gain experience in applying advanced knowledge to the solution of actual health problems in community settings during internship training.
The MPH in Epidemiology is offered by the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics. Epidemiology is a fundamental science of public health with a major focus on health problems in communities, groups, or aggregates of people.
The Public Health - Epidemiology course at University of Arizona concentration curriculum provides systematic training in epidemiological principles, methods, and practices through constructive coursework and an internship. Individuals who choose the epidemiology concentration will have the opportunity to acquire knowledge, skills and experiences for measuring and studying the distributions, characteristics, causes, and prevention of disease, disability, and premature death in humans.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic Principles of Epidemiology
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Biostatistics in Public Health
- Sociocultural & Behavioral Aspects of Public Health
- Integrated Public Health Learning Experience
- Internship Preparation Workshop
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Priority: January 5
- Secondary: April 1
- Note: Students who apply by the priority deadline will be given the highest priority for admissions and consideration for scholarships and assistantships.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Public Health View 216 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree with 3.0 GPA
- One course in college-level introductory, human, or general biology
- One course in college algebra or calculus
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Statement of purpose and objectives
- Mission and values statement
- GRE or MCAT scores required for all applicants
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international applicants
- Students accepted into this discipline should have a good background in the biological sciences and mathematics. In addition to the general admission requirements for the MPH program, other factors considered in the determination of a candidate's potential for success in the epidemiology concentration area are long range goals and commitment to both public health and epidemiology, experience/interest in applying epidemiological principles to public health, and work and volunteer experience in epidemiology.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.