Subsequent to being admitted to the Accelerated Master's Program, SBE or B.Arch students in their fourth and/or fifth years begin to take graduate courses in the MSUP program curriculum. Twelve of the graduate units earned may be used to count toward both degrees.
Well-planned cities and regions are the key to confronting many of the most critical environmental, economic and social challenges facing the world today.
The two-year Master of Science in Urban Planning from the University of Arizona prepares you for a meaningful career where you'll shape a more resilient future for cities and communities, locally and across the globe.
At CAPLA, we're pushing urban planning education, research and practice in new and exciting directions—and students from diverse backgrounds are at the heart of our award-winning and engaging work.
In the Urban Planning - Accelerated Master's Program program from University of Arizona, you’ll learn:
- Urban and regional planning theory and practice
- Site planning and creative plan-making
- Land use planning analysis and law
- Public participation and dispute resolution
- Professional written and graphic communication
- Data-driven analytical methods, including geographic information systems (GIS)
- Planning for real estate and urban development, urban transportation systems and the environment
- Health and the built environment
- Planning for equity, diversity and social justice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Planning Theory and Practice
- Methods in Planning
- GIS for PLG and LAR
- Public Participation and Dispute Resolution
- Land Use Planning Law
- Comp Planning and Land Use Controls
- Survey of Responsible Real Estate Development
- Green Infrastructure
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 405 other Masters in Architecture in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited United States college or university, or equivalent in a non-US institution of higher learning. The undergraduate degree can be in any field of study.
- Personal Statement: You will be required to submit a Statement of Purpose, clearly and concisely delineating your focus or interest, special aptitude or personal characteristics and any other relevant factors related to your career aspirations in the profession of urban planning.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: You will be asked to provide a biographical profile/resume including a complete record of academic and professional work.
- Letters of Recommendation: You will be asked to provide the names and contact information (email address) of three persons who can comprehensively evaluate your record and potential for success in the graduate program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.