With the unfortunate rise of terrorist attacks around the globe coupled with unforeseen natural and manmade disasters, skilled homeland security professionals are in high demand.
Offered by the Pace University Dyson College of Arts and Sciences from Pace University, the online MA in Homeland Security prepares students to effectively respond to and recover from natural and man-made disasters and mitigate the impact of terrorist attacks.
Ideally located just blocks from the World Trade Center, Pace University’s Manhattan campus is a hub for the study of homeland security.
The online students benefit from the same rigorous curriculum and access to resources as our on-campus students, and have the opportunity to study subjects including:
- Public sector management
- Public sector strategic planning and budgeting
- U.S. Constitution and ethical issues
- Policy analysis and program evaluation
- International human rights
- Intelligence gathering strategies
- Technology and critical infrastructure protection
- Public health issues for homeland security leaders
- Psychology and terrorism
Who Can Benefit?
The online MA in Homeland Security equips individuals from a range of educational and professional backgrounds including criminal justice, fire service, public health, military, teaching, psychology, and more to respond to unforeseen threats or disasters. These students often have goals that may include:
- Entering the field of homeland security
- Transitioning to a different branch within homeland security
- Being promoted to leadership positions in the field
- Obtaining a higher salary
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Sector Management
- U.S. Constitution and Ethical Issues
- Public Sector Policy Analysis and Program Evaluation
- Comparative Governments
- International Human Rights
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesIT Security Terrorism & Security Cyber Security View 100 other Masters in IT Security in United States
Online MHS candidates are required to hold a four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution (minimum 3.0 GPA).
Candidates must submit the following materials:
- Completed application
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and/or universities. See below for more information.
- Current resume
International28800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National28800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Technology fee: $60 for part-time students and $105 for full-time students (applies only to spring and fall semesters)
- Proctoring fee: $25 per exam (if required)
Students enrolled in Pace Online programs may be eligible for Federal Direct Stafford Unsubsidized Loans and private education loans to cover tuition and other education-related costs. Students who apply for federal loans receive their financial aid award letters via mail within two to four weeks of FAFSA submission. Notification times for private education loans vary by lender.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.