Liberty offers two M.A. in History concentrations: American History and European History. Students will leave this program better able to understand history’s place in God’s plan and will be prepared to meet the demands of history-related vocations or further collegiate studies.
Career Opportunities for Master of Arts in History at Liberty University Graduates
- College or secondary teacher
- Museum curator
- Government worker
Liberty University is Accredited by SACSCOC.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American History
- European History
- Historical Methods and Interpretation
- American Christian Heritage
- Modern European Military History
- Recent America (Since 1945)
- Special Topics in World History
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Liberty’s admission deadline is flexible, and we accept applications on a rolling admission basis.
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 287 other Masters in Ancient History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Liberty University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Admission application
- Self-certification form for students in the final term of their bachelor’s degree
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a degree completion application through their ASIST account
- A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. A 2.5 to 2.99 GPA may grant admission on caution
- Statement of Purpose: Please submit a 300- to 500-word essay including your goals and an explanation of what you hope to gain from and contribute to the program.
- Prerequisites (must be taken prior to admission): minimum of 18 undergraduate credit hours in history or related discipline (lower- or upper-level hours)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 545 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 545 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Lynchburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.