The Education in Educational Leadership courses from Texas A&M University Central Texas are specially designed to provide you with a wide range of experiences and knowledge to serve as principals and assistant principals in Texas schools.
The program allows you to be mentored by a principal to gain real-world experience.
At Texas A&M University-Central Texas, we strive to provide current, relevant and rigorous material in a time frame that meets the needs of working professionals.
Following completion of the Educational Leadership program, you will be ready to take the Principal as Instructional Leader Certification examination available through the Texas Education Agency.
The Department of Educational Leadership and Human Development offers degrees and certification programs designed to help students increase the skills and in-depth knowledge required for broader educational leadership roles in schools and school districts. A Master of Education in Educational Leadership with Principal Certification is available to students interested in school leadership.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
- Integrate the principles of School Culture to establish and implement a shared vision and culture of high expectations.
- Apply principles of Leading Learning to ensure students receive high-quality instruction.
- Demonstrate principles of Human Capital to ensure faculty and staff are of the highest quality.
- Employ the principles of Executive Leadership to model a consistent focus on and commitment to improving student learning.
- Interpret the principles of Strategic Operations to implement systems that align with the vision and improve the quality of instruction.
- Employ the principles of Ethics, Equity, and Diversity to implement policies to manage educational environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Educational Leadership
- Research in Educational Leadership
- Processes of Educational Leadership
- Leadership of Learning Systems
- Legal Issues in School Leadership
- Leadership of Human Resources
- Leadership of Effective Instruction
- Leadership of Campus Resources
- Leadership of Diverse Learning Communities
- Educational Leadership Applications
- Principalship Practicum
- Educational Leadership Comprehensive Examination
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Teaching View 1733 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Students must complete all requirements for admission to Graduate School listed in the university catalog. Students seeking certification must apply to the program before beginning coursework.
For admission to the Educational Leadership Master’s Degree with Principal Certification Program, a student must submit a formal application to the Program Coordinator of M.Ed. with Principal certification.
Submit the following:
- three (3) letters of reference, one of which must be from the student’s current supervisor
- a 500-word essay with artifacts concerning both experiences in fulfilling personal and professional leadership responsibilities as well as future career goals as an educational leader
Documentation of at least two (2) years of creditable teaching experience.
International7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3905 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3905 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State2746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1373 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.