The 100% online program combines structured coursework, led by experienced faculty, with opportunities for virtual project-based internships.
Whether you have previous higher education experience or would like to transition into higher education, the Master of Education in Higher Education provides comprehensive contextual knowledge preparing you for your next rewarding career move.
The M.Ed. in Higher Education Leadership from Texas A&M University Central Texas provides a relevant, accelerated, and cost-effective graduate program for aspiring college and university administrators. Led by experienced and insightful faculty, the program coursework is designed to provide a comprehensive context for the higher education professional with leadership aspirations and can be completed in 12 months.
Specifically, coursework includes higher education history, institutional administration, research methodology, organizational change, student development, human and financial resource management, and higher education law.
Designed to be a collaborative, cohort-based graduate education, students learn in a team-based environment, blending real-world experience with theoretical frameworks focused on best practices.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
- Develop a broad-based foundation in higher education history, organization, and administration.
- Select appropriate conceptual frameworks to guide their practice.
- Synthesize a leadership philosophy from both theory and practice.
- Academic Advising
- Campus Life
- New Student Programs
- Enrollment Management
- Institutional Research
- Development and Fundraising
- Career Services
- Student Affairs
- Study Abroad
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History and Organization of Higher Education
- Planning and Resource Management in Higher Education
- Higher Education Law & Ethics
- Student Development and the College Environment
- Research Methods in Higher Education
- Career & Professional Development Seminar
- Higher Education Internship
- Critical Issues in Higher Education
- Leading Change in Higher Education
- Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education
- Comprehensive Exam
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1740 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative transfer GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum 30 academic, college-level transferable semester hours
- Must be eligible to return to all previously attended institutions
- Applicants pursuing an Applied Science or Aviation Science degree may meet this requirement utilizing select workforce education credit from an approved Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree upon completion of 45 hours, to include all general education courses within the AAS.
International7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3905 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3905 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State2746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1373 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.