With this Homeland Security degree from Texas A&M University Central Texas in hand, you'll be prepared for careers in public and private agencies as agents, managers, and researchers, and for doctoral study at academic institutions.
The interdisciplinary program offers face-to-face and online courses, with thesis or non-thesis tracks.
Coursework includes homeland security, terrorism, cybersecurity, emergency management, and research methods, building your knowledge of today’s most pressing national security issues.
The MSHS allows you to pursue roles in departments at the federal, state, and local level.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Describe, analyze, and critique terrorism and its activities, goals and motivations, organizational structure and tactics.
- Discuss and critique counterterrorism concepts, tactics, organizational structure, goals and motivation.
- Discuss and critique threats to electronic information systems and ways to prevent or mitigate such threats.
- Apply basic management skills in planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and decision-making within the context of public agencies.
- Apply concepts and techniques of research to the activities of terrorism or Homeland Security.
- FBI/ Border Patrol Agent
- Criminal Justice Supervisor
- Security Analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linear Regression
- Advanced Criminology
- Race and Ethnicity
- Advanced Research Methods
- Program Evaluation
- Homeland Security
- Graduate Proseminar
- Leadership and Supervision
- Advanced Ethics
- Foundations of Information Security
- Homeland Security Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIT Security Terrorism & Security Cyber Security View 101 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3905 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3905 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State2746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1373 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.