The History program at Texas A&M Texarkana provides a solid foundation for those who wish to pursue a Ph. D. in History. Finally, the Master of Science in History is a degree that satisfies students who simply enjoy studying history and want to read and write about history.
- Individuals who graduate with this degree are eligible to teach dual credit courses in high school (if they are certified to teach in public school) and they qualify for tenure-track faculty positions at community colleges, as well as non-tenure-track faculty positions at four-year universities.
- Graduates have found success in Ph.D. programs, as university and college faculty members, teachers, private sector executives, and non-profit leaders.
- Methods and Principals of Historical Research
- Knights and Samurai: Medieval Warrior Cultures
- Readings in the History of Colonial American
- The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
- Readings in the History of the American Civil War
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 806 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Baccalaureate degree
- Minimum of cumulative 2.50 GPA or 2.50 GPA in last 60 hours of undergraduate degree program
- Three positive letters of academic recommendation
- Letter of interest and commitment
- Academic Paper
International10458 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5229 USD per semester during 24 months.
National10458 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5229 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State4180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2090 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.