The Sports Medicine, Exercise and Health MSc at the University College London (UCL) covers the evidence-based management of sports medicine and musculoskeletal injuries, and emphasises the vital role of physical activity in the prevention and treatment of chronic disease.This MSc can be taken full-time or part-time as a campus-based student, or via a flexible modular route with distance learning.The programme focuses on the prevention and treatment of sports injuries in particular. It will also provide a thorough grounding in functional anatomy and biomechanics, exercise physiology and psychology, as well as the fundamentals of exercise in maintaining and improving health. Students develop essential research skills through an independent research project.
As a graduate of the programme you will have a deep understanding of sports injury prevention and management, and of exercise prescription for health across a range of medical conditions. This will prepare you for potential work in many areas from elite sports medicine to NHS sports and musculoskeletal injury clinics, and exercise medicine services.
An MSc or PgDip in Sports Medicine, Exercise & Health from UCL will open many doors for you in the sports and exercise medicine world: from running a sports injury clinic to developing exercise medicine programmes for the prevention and treatment of chronic disease to working as a medic for a sport team or an event.
- Exercise Physiology
- Health and Physical Activity
- Sports Injuries I – Lower Limb
- Sports Injuries II – Upper Limb
- Sports Injuries III – Head, Neck and Spine
- Advanced Sports Injury and Injury Prevention
- Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 1971 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We welcome applications from prospective students who hold a primary medical or allied health sciences degree e.g. medicine, physiotherapy, sports science.
- Applicants should have a minimum of one year post-graduation clinical experience relating to their primary degree.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £8,250
- International: £14,700
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.