In this Knowledge, Information and Data Science programme from University College London (UCL), emphasis is placed both on current industry practice and theory, and on data science methods and likely future trends in artificial intelligence, thus equipping graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary for a wide range of career paths in information-related fields.
Students will learn a variety of topics related to information science theory and practice with emphasis on computational methods, data science and artificial intelligence. The programme is a roughly even mix of optional and core modules, followed by a term-three dissertation designed to train students in the research skills necessary for careers in academia and the higher echelons of industry.
The MSc in Information Science prepares students for technical and management roles in the information and information technology industries, as well as for research careers in academia.
Recent graduates have subsequently followed careers in a wide variety of roles in the information sector, including information systems management, web management, information architecture, knowledge-based systems, information security and governance, e-commerce, finance/fintech, data analytics and data science. Others have gone on to undertake PhDs in topics and subject areas encountered on the programme.
- Fundamentals of Information Science
- Introduction to Programming and Scripting
- Logic and Knowledge Representation
- Database Systems Analysis and Design
- Systems Management
- Digital Curation
- Digital Resources in the Humanities
- Electronic Publishing
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Business Information Systems Artificial Intelligence View 259 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
- Normal requirements for admission are a minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- Applicants with appropriate professional qualifications or experience in relevant disciplines will also be considered. We welcome applications from those with science, engineering or humanities backgrounds. However, applicants are expected to demonstrate some technical and/or mathematical aptitude.
International26600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,450
- International: £13,300
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.