As part of this Health Data Science programme from University College London (UCL), you will gain an understanding of techniques that are transforming medical research and creating exciting new commercial opportunities.
You will learn how to link and analyse large complex datasets. You will also design and carry out complex and innovative clinical research studies that take advantage of the increasing amount of available data about the health, behaviour and genetic make-up of small and large populations.
The programme draws on a range of areas, including epidemiology, computer science, statistics and other fields, such as genetics.
Today, some of the most exciting, stimulating and productive research is carried out using large collections of data acquired in big collaborative endeavours or major public or private initiatives. As a student on this programme, we will work with you to develop your passion and interest in this area of research. You will gain skills for a career as an entrepreneur, scientist or manager, working in industry, academia or healthcare.
- Basic Statistics for Medical Sciences
- Data Methods for Health Research
- Principles of Epidemiology Applied to Electronic Health Records Research
- Principles of Health Data Science
- Regression Modelling
- Scientific Software Development with Python for Health Research
- Advanced Computational Biology
- Advanced Statistics for Records Research
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Genetics View 1772 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in a clinical or a scientific discipline with a significant computational or mathematical element.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,450
- International: £14,700
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.