The Financial Risk Management students from University College London (UCL) gain core competencies in risk analysis and have the opportunity to tailor the programme to their own interests and needs through the wide variety of options available.
Students will be educated to an advanced level in programming and computing and will gain mathematical, statistical and computational modelling skills. They will have a clear appreciation of different types of risk within the industry, and of the managerial and psychological issues related to risk control.
Teaching and learning
The programme is delivered through a combination of lectures, seminars, tutorials and project work. Modules are assessed by written papers and/or coursework. The research project is assessed by a written report and (optional) oral examination.
Many students have gone on to careers in financial services in the City of London or in their home countries; a number of graduates have proceeded to PhD-level study.
Students acquire mathematical, statistical and computational skills which are highly sought after by the financial industry to assess, quantify, model, simulate and edge risk.
- Financial Data and Statistics
- Financial Engineering
- Market Risk, Measures and Portfolio Theory
- Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes
- Algorithmic Trading
- Applied Computational Finance
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- Machine Learning with Applications in Finance
- Market Microstructure
- Networks and Systemic Risk
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesFinance Management Studies Risk Management View 1537 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second class UK Bachelor's degree, in a relevant discipline, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, with a strong quantitative component evidenced by good performance (higher than 60%) in relevant mathematics, statistics or computation options.
International38000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National26600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.