The Engineering with Finance programme from University College London (UCL) is designed to give graduates with a first degree in a relevant numerate subject, the engineering, management and finance knowledge necessary to work on engineering projects and in business and finance.
The core engineering content concentrates on areas of new and emerging technologies and materials, combined with modules in project management and financial markets and institutions.
Students undertake two engineering projects (a group design project and an individual project) which integrate the knowledge acquired through the taught modules.
Teaching and learning
This dynamic programme is delivered through a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, laboratory and project work, workshops and problem classes, all of which frequently draw upon real-life industrial case studies. Assessment is through examinations, coursework, laboratory reports, presentations, the group design project and the individual research project.
Graduates of this programme will be well placed for careers within engineering, project management, finance, investment banking or IT sectors.
For example, as part of the programme, students complete modules in project management and finance and may utilise UCL’s virtual trading room that uses Reuters’ electronic platform. Graduates also receive guidance on how to work toward recognised certifications for the financial industries.
- Materials and Fatigue
- Project Management
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- New and Renewable Energy Systems
- Innovation and Group Design Project
- Advanced Computer Applications in Engineering
- Vibrations, Acoustics and Control
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Numerical Methods for Finance
- Financial Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesFinance Taxation General Engineering & Technology View 23 other Masters in Taxation in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university in a suitable engineering subject, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Candidates with qualifications in other subjects allied to engineering wil be considered. Strong mathematical and some programming skills are recommended.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.