The Fine Arts Studio program of Rochester Institute of Technology allows for personal growth, experimentation, collaboration, and unique, non-discipline-specific results to occur in the thesis, which is a public exhibition of the student's work.
Courses are meant to concentrate on creative visual work while also thinking about making and sustaining a dialogue.
Typical Job Titles
- Fine Artist
- Art Auctioneer
- Mural Artist
- Art Buyer
- Greeting Card Artist
- Silkscreen Artist
- Museum Curator
- Custom Printer
- Art Director (book, editorial)
- Courtroom Artist
- Studio Artist
- Art Teacher
- Gallery Owner/Assistant
- Advertising Director
- Print Maker
- Art Exhibit Coordinator
- Exhibit Designer
- Book/Magazine Illustrator
- Creative Director
- Technology in Studio
- Studio Art Research
- Ideation and Series
- Business Practices for Studio Artists
- Research and Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Fine Arts View 866 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Complete an online graduate application. Refer to Graduate Admission Deadlines and Requirements for information on application deadlines, entry terms, and more.
- Submit copies of official transcript(s) (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, including any transfer credit earned.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or US equivalent) from an accredited university or college of fine arts.
- Recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Refer to Application Instructions and Requirements for additional information.
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.