Public health nursing is a specialty practice that focuses on population health in an effort to prevent disease and disability and promote wellness. Public health nurses define, assess and help create solutions to current public health concerns. They evaluate emerging treatments and policies that can help change the public health landscape and reduce disease and illness.
Graduates of the Nursing - Public Health Nursing (Bridge) program at Grand Canyon University provides population-based care that is respectful of human dignity and patient autonomy in accordance with Christian principles. They can recognize the unique role patients' spirituality and their own spirituality play in health care decision-making processes and management of care.
Students are prepared to advocate for ethical and just health care policies and promote public health and wellness in efforts to reduce health disparities and improve the quality of life for diverse communities and populations.
Students in the MSN with an emphasis in public health nursing program are exposed to content and knowledge from both nursing and public-health fields. They acquire a heightened understanding of public policies, theories, principles and their application to real-life cases.
As part of the program, students complete an evidence-based practice project tailored to the student's area of specific interest. The MSN program also culminates with a practicum experience where students will learn to apply public-health nursing concepts and skills in a public health setting.
- Advanced Registered Nursing
- Organizational Leadership and Informatics
- Translational Research and Population Health Management
- Evidence-Based Practice Project
- Foundations of Public Health Nursing
- Principles of Epidemiology
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 363 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International19080 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 477 USD per credit during 2 months.
National19080 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 477 USD per credit during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.