The Spatio-temporal Analytics and Big Data Mining program from University College London (UCL) consists of three core modules (45 credits), five optional modules (75 credits) and a dissertation/report (60 credits).
Students will be equipped with computational foundations and skills needed for big data analytics including visualisation, prediction, clustering and simulation with statistical and machine learning approaches, as well as retrieving and mining big (open) data, web services and cloud computing, web and mobile applications, all by practising with real case data and open software.
Graduates from this programme are expected to find positions in consultancy, local government, public industry, and the information supply industry, as well as in continued research. Possible career paths could include: data scientist in the social media, finance, health, telecoms, retail or construction and planning industries; developer of spatial tools and specialised spatial software; researcher or entrepreneur.
- Geospatial Science
- Spatial Analysis and Geocomputation
- Spatial-Temporal Data Analysis and Data Mining
- Geospatial Programming
- Spatial Databases and Data Management
- Applied Machine Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesAstronomy & Space Sciences Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 56 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (such as engineering, mathematics, computer science, environmental science, human or physical geography, geology, forestry, oceanography, or physics) or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Applicants with relevant professional experience are also considered.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.