The Educational Technology program at California State University Northridge targets middle and high school teachers but often includes students from elementary schools, higher education and industry. Program graduates have gone on to teach and support education at universities and schools all over the world, while others have continued on for their doctorate.
Courses immerse students in current theory and best practice in technology education. Students in the program develop their technology skills and knowledge of how to apply technology in the classroom, including:
- Developing and using educational multimedia.
- Creating interactive software for learning.
- Developing educational websites.
- Assessing the impact of innovations in the classroom.
- Integrating technology into subject-area classrooms.
Student Learning OutcomesStudents demonstrate:
- Educational technology skills by developing educational resources in accordance with learning theory and best practices.
- Theoretical understanding of teaching and learning educational technology by reading and synthesizing educational theory and research.
- Graduate-level research skills by designing, conducting and presenting original research on educational-technology.
- Leadership in educational technology by developing plans for implementing and supporting technology-based solutions.
- Research in Secondary Education
- Leadership in Educational Technology
- Computers in the Secondary Curriculum: Multimedia
- Educational Website Development
- Computer Supported Collaborative Learning
- Designing Computer-Based Instructional Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Technology Management View 341 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Employment as an instructor or as a developer or a user of educational technology.
- Submission of a completed department application.
- Submission of a completed application to CSUN via Cal State Apply.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.5.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 or a GPA of at least 3.0 for the M.A. program.
- Passing score (8 or higher) on the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam or a score of 3.0 or higher on the GRE Analytical Writing portion.
International14016 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14016 USD per year during 12 months.
National14016 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14016 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8472 USD per year during 12 months.
Yearly tuition fee for seven or more units per semester.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.