The Department of Urban Planning and Policy at the University of Illinois at Chicago offers programs of professional study leading to the Master of City Design (MCD).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Urban Spatial Analysis & Visualization
- Theories of Urban Design
- Urban Edge Studio
- Great Cities Studio
- Chicago Charette
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Urban Planning View 206 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
- Baccalaureate Field Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Studies, Urban Planning, and other creative fields. Relevant professional experience of two or more years strongly recommended.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required.
- Personal Statement Required. The statement must address the applicant’s educational and career goals and previous pertinent work, volunteer, and/or academic experience.
- Applicants must submit a portfolio comprising their most important and representative visual arts, design, research, and/or professional work such as an essay, academic paper or policy report, newspaper article, photographs, handmade sketches, computer generated graphics, design proposal, or project of which they are the sole author or designer.
- The number of students admitted is limited. Admissions are selective and competitive. Fall semester start only.
International24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5935 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.