At University of Waterloo, we offer a master degree in Economic Development and Innovation. With programs in sustainability management, international development practice, environment and business, local economic development and social innovation, SEED is dedicated to developing the knowledge, tools and expertise to integrate business and development with environmental and social goals.
- Two SEED student teams have been awarded honourable mentions for their unique and entrepreneurial innovations at the Faculty of Environment’s annual pitch competition.
- Waterloo has built an entrepreneurial ecosystem that propels students to transform and disrupt the status quo. We offer our graduate students opportunities to engage in experiential learning and connect with industry to support them in inquiry and impact-driven research.
- We have a wide range of professional and online programs that, alongside our research programs, support our students in the creation of personal, economic, and societal value.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Sustainable Development Innovation Management View 43 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Canada
- An Honours Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Business, Commerce, Economics, Geography, Planning or a related field, with at least a 75% standing or other Honours Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
- Two references: one academic and one professional, or two academic
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
International20840 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10420 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2254 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.