During the Spanish program of San Francisco State University students acquire a solid grounding in major works of poetry, prose, and theater, as well as the tools necessary to approach these works critically. All courses in the Spanish program are taught in Spanish.
An ever-increasing Spanish-speaking population has made Spanish the second most spoken language in the state of California and other states of the Union. The study and knowledge of this language, therefore, offers career alternatives in practically all fields of work and is an asset when seeking employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar-Spanish and Latin American Literature
- Seminar in Literary Movements or Periods
- Seminar in Medieval, Early Modern Peninsular, and Colonial Literature
- Contemporary Literature from a Transatlantic Approach
- Culminating Experience Examination
- Independent Study
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 904 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- All applicants are expected to have the equivalent of a B.A. in Spanish
- Two letters of recommendation
- A brief writing sample in Spanish or English
- A statement of purpose, one written in English, one written in Spanish
- English language proficiency (international students)
International8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8704 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8704 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.