Smart Buildings and Digital Engineering programme from University College London (UCL) comprises eight modules, covering:
- core scientific principles, including building system physics and building system elements
- integrated building design and operation, and how this can impact the health and wellbeing of its occupants
- advanced topics, including modelling and simulation of building systems, and energy management systems
- a range of optional modules, from retrofitting and indoor air-quality to lighting and acoustics. You'll also undertake in-depth research in a topic of your choice, delivered as a dissertation.
Successful graduates will be equipped with the skills and knowledge required for engineering and specialist roles in companies that provide engineering, design, planning and consulting services for the built environment.
Other sectors that will be particularly interested in employing graduates from this Master’s include:
- Companies that specialise in building services engineering, operations, building controls and energy systems.
- High-tech companies seeking to deliver disruptive solutions and digital innovation in the built environment.
- Public sector agencies and government departments concerned with the built environment, resource efficiency, and energy management.
- Engineered Environmental Elements
- Building System Physics
- Integrated Building Design for Health and Wellbeing
- Building Systems Modelling
- Integrated Building Systems Simulation
- Machine Learning in Smart Buildings
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 105 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
- A second-class or higher UK Bachelor's degree, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, is required.
International28500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK/EU: £8,000 (PT)
- Overseas: £14,250 (PT)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.