As the only programme of its kind in the UK, the Child Health programme offered at the University College London (UCL) provides an opportunity to access the wealth of cutting-edge research conducted at the UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (UCL GOS ICH) and Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
The degree is centred on a research project in an area of child health that interests you.
Conducting your own research will support you in learning how to: search literature and plan a research project; use statistical knowledge to critically appraise your own and published work; and communicate and justify your results.
You will be encouraged to consider the implications of child health and/or healthcare policy and to produce reports of your results to publication standard.
The programme provides an ideal foundation for evidence-based practice in paediatrics and child health as well as further doctoral research in this field. Students considering a career in research as well as those wishing to increase their knowledge of research to support their professional development. Both clinicians and non-clinicians will gain valuable skills and experience and are welcome to apply.
This is a relatively new programme and only limited career destination data is available. However, recent graduates have gone on to apply for doctoral study or had opportunities for progression in their current careers.
- Further Statistical Topics for Research
- Epidemiology for Child Health
- Evidence-based Child Health
- Child Public Health
- Leadership & Professional Development
- Teaching & Learning in Medical Education
- Clinical Genomics, Genetics & Rare Diseases
- Specialist Paeds (Acute)
- Specialist Paediatrics (Chronic)
- Clinical Applications of Cell & Gene Therapy
- Molecular biology of normal development & birth defects
- Adolescent Health and Medicine
- Molecular & Clinical Aspects of Childhood Cancers
- Perinatal Epidemiology & Newborn Care
- Immunisation and Communicable Diseases
- International Child Mental Health
- Nutrition, Growth and Physical Activity
- Understanding Research and Critical Appraisal
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Early Childhood Education View 104 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
- Applicants should hold either a medical degree (MBBS) or a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- Healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotech professionals and scientists with equivalent experience (minimum of three years) and a BSc degree may also be considered.
International27480 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27480 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11710 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11710 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,890
- International: £13,750
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.