The Civil Engineering with Integrated Design programme offered at the University College London (UCL) is for students who wish to combine a general MSc in the subject with the related discipline of integrated design.
The programme provides students with a strong academic background in a broad range of civil engineering topics, and the advanced skills in problem-solving necessary for a successful career in the sector. This route offers you the opportunity to gain specialist knowledge in your chosen area of integrated design, and aims to provide a clear path to a professional civil engineering career.
Civil Engineering graduates are readily employed by consultancies, construction companies and government departments.
There are excellent employment prospects for our graduates. There is international demand for multi-skilled, solutions-focused professionals who can take a holistic approach to solving problems.
- Advanced Civil Engineering Materials
- Advanced Soil Mechanics
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Applied Building Information Modelling
- Data Analysis
- Design and Analysis of Structural Systems
- Engineering Study of Rail Systems and Infrastructure
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Finite-Element Modelling and Numerical Methods
- Introduction to Seismic Design of Structures
- Offshore and Coastal Engineering
- Roads and Underground Infrastructure: Design, Construction and Maintenance
- Structural Dynamics
- Structural Vulnerability and Resilience
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Design General Engineering & Technology View 767 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree in civil or structural engineering or a closely related subject, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- Applicants who do not meet the standard entry criteria may be asked to provide a portfolio demonstrating existing engineering and design skills.
- For non-civil or structural engineering candidates we offer a Graduate Diploma in Civil Engineering, recognised by our accrediting body (the Joint Board of Moderators), which can be used as a pre-qualifying year for the Civil Engineering MSc and its specialist routes.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £8,250
- International: £16,050
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.