From developing your knowledge of the key concepts and frameworks related to built environment disciplines to specific building surveying skills - such as how to diagnose building defects, refurbish existing buildings, facilities management, monitor contracts and procurement and beyond - this Masters degree will enhance your professional profile and earning potential.
Our RICS accreditation is a reflection of our high standards of teaching. It also shows that you’ll be learning industry relevant content which can be applied in everyday working life, before and after graduation.
Start in January, April, July or October and gain a respected building surveyor qualification around in two to four years. Plus, you'll be able to pay your fees in module by module instalments, spreading the cost out over the duration of your studies.
- During your time with us, you’ll build the industry understanding and transferable skills needed to advance your career, even if you’re new to surveying.
- Our reputation for quality is reflected in our strong links and collaborations with industry partners, such as RICS and the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH). Experienced practitioners help to influence our academic content, ensuring our students develop the knowledge employers need them to have.
- You’ll also improve your interpersonal and research skills, plus your ability to tackle complex issues through conceptualisation, contribute to new processes and use judgement when considering ambiguous data – all highly valuable traits to employers.
- Our Careers and Employment Service offers a range of resources and support, available online and on a one-to-one basis, for you to tap into.
- Successful completion of this Surveying (Building Surveying) course from Northumbria University could also lead you to a Postgraduate Research Degree.
- The Business Environment
- Construction and Sustainable Technologies
- Facilities Management
- Law and Surveying Professional Practice
- Research Methods
- Research Based Study
- Contract Administration and Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction View 51 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree.
- International applicants are required to have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with 5.5 in each component (or approved equivalent*).
International8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.