Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The world is changing, and at Northumbria we stand ready to tackle tomorrow's challenges head on. Northumbria University want to support our students to achieve their ambitions, to support their creativity and curiosity.
Northumbria offers a generous 20% tuition fee discount to students who choose to continue their studies or return to Northumbria to gain a Masters or Postgraduate Research qualification.
If you have graduated with a Full Undergraduate Degree, Masters, or Postgraduate Research qualification from Northumbria University (or Newcastle Polytechnic), you will automatically receive a 20% tuition fee discount (pro-rata if your course is more than one year) on most Masters and Postgraduate Research courses.
This discount applies to Full and Part-Time students (including the Post Graduate Certificate in Education) and is available to students studying at our Newcastle and London campuses or via Distance Learning.
To be eligible for the Alumni Discount, you must:
- Be a UK, EU or International applicant who has achieved a full first degree* from Northumbria University or Newcastle Polytechnic. (*as defined by the levels published by the Higher Education Statistics Agency - 'HESA')
- Provide proof of your previous qualification from Northumbria University or Newcastle Polytechnic.
- Be applying to study on a Full Masters or Postgraduate Research course in September or January
- Be a self-funded student ie; not in receipt of any sponsorship
Study experience required
- Students who are awarded any other Masters or Postgraduate Research scholarship will not be eligible for Alumni Discount. This includes (but is not exclusive to) students awarded the NU in Amsterdam Scholarship and the Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship.
- The Alumni Discount applies to Full and Part-Time courses either in Newcastle Upon Tyne, London, or through Distance Learning, commencing in the academic year 23/24.
- Funding is awarded as a fee waiver and is not a cash sum.
- Students will receive a 20% discount from the course fee, this will be pro-rata if the course is longer than one year.
- Students are still able to apply, and may be eligible for the Government Loan and other sources of finance to support Masters study.
- Students who are progressing from a continuing professional qualification gained at Northumbria University, or who have completed a single module of study, but do not hold an Undergraduate degree from Northumbria, will not be entitled to Alumni Discount.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
DISCLAIMER – Subject to credit approval, loans are made by Bank of Lake Mills or MPOWER Financing, PBC. Bank of Lake Mills does not have an ownership interest in MPOWER Financing. Neither MPOWER Financing nor Bank of Lake Mills is affiliated with the school you attended or are attending. Bank of Lake Mills is Member FDIC. None of the information contained in this website constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer by MPOWER Financing or its affiliates to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments or other assets or provide any investment advice or service. 2022 © MPOWER Financing, Public Benefit Corporation NMLS ID #1233542. 1101 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 900, Washington, DC 20036
© Prodigy Finance Limited 2007 - 2022. All Rights Reserved. Prodigy Finance Limited is incorporated in the United Kingdom (Company Number 05912562) with its registered address at 85 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7LT and registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner (Reg. No. Z9851854). Prodigy Finance is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm registration number 709641) for certain consumer credit activities. Prodigy Finance loans are offered to eligible borrowers and these loans are governed by English law.