The Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science at Yale University program mission is to develop students’ independence and creativity while strengthening their scientific and technical background. The size of the program relative to that of the faculty ensures close interaction between students and faculty.Students participate in ongoing research from their first year in one-semester course research projects called Special Investigations, where they have the opportunity to work in state-of-the-art laboratories and facilities. For their formal course work, which is typically completed during the first two years in residence, students can choose from an extensive course list.Comprehensive information on Graduate Admissions can be found on the pages of the Yale Graduate School Admissions Office.
- Research and teaching focuses on a fundamental understanding of mechanical engineering and materials science problems.
- Thereby, students specialize on a specific field of study within one of the four tracks offered: Fluids and thermal sciences, soft matter & complex fluids, materials science, and robotics & mechatronics.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 460 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $80 application fee or fee waiver
- Recommendations from two teachers and one counselor
- School Report with transcript
- English proficiency test results - recommended for non-native English-speakers
- Mid-Year Report & Final Report
International44500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44500 USD per year during 12 months.
National44500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44500 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.