The program is guided by commitment to continuing improvement as technology changes through:
- The development and delivery of effective distance education methods
- Support services for the distance-learning community
- Influence upon the creation of knowledge and practices
- The development of leaders in the global expansion of educational technology
- Emphasis on the interaction of individual, corporate, governmental and educational interests.
Career OutlookThe educational technology environment is expanding and diversifying the career opportunities for leaders who are in the technology field. By earning your Master of Arts in Education and Human Development in Educational Technology Leadership from the George Washington University (GW), you will position yourself to further your career in this growing field.According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Services, training and development managers earned a median $95,400 annual salary in 2012, with jobs in the field expected to grow 11% by 2022.1 Instructional coordinators earned a median $60,050 in 2012, with jobs expected to grow 13% by 2022.2
- Educational Technology Career Opportunities
- Curriculum developer
- Director or manager of e-learning, training or instructional services
- Educational technology specialist for a school, county or district
- E-learning developer or specialist
- HR training specialist
- Instructional designer
- Instructional technology supervisor
- Multimedia production designer
- User interface designer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Quantitative Research
- Leadership and Education
- Foundations in Educational Technology
- Trends and Issues in Educational Technology
- Educational Hardware Systems
- Managing Computer Applications
- Developing Multimedia Materials
- Instructional Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Technology Management View 956 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two (2) recommendations (preferably one from a faculty member and the other from a professional supervisor)
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission
- Statement of purpose
- A resumé is required
International900 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 900 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National900 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 900 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.