The Film and Media Studies MAS program from Arizona State University features innovative approaches to the study of film, television and digital media using historic methods, critical theory and creative expression as modes of analysis. Delivered exclusively online, the program explores the aesthetic, industrial, social and cultural dimensions of American media production within a dynamic, interactive and flexible learning environment.
The program offers students skill development in media analysis, screenwriting and industry practices for film, television and digital platforms. Students conclude the program with a critical media education across a wide range of texts and platforms.
What type of industries hire master’s in media studies graduates?
Jobs in the entertainment industry and news media are popular among those who complete graduate film programs. However, there are many more options for students with a master’s in film and media studies. Managing a media presence has become a crucial aspect of business, making media departments a necessity. As a professional, you may focus on:
- Media policy.
- Social media.
- Hollywood Film Historiography
- Film Analysis
- Cultural History of U.S. Television: Theory and Method
- Digital Media Studies
- Authorship in Film and Media
- Media Stardom and Celebrity
- Media, Technology and Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Video Games & Multimedia Media Studies & Mass Media View 60 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00= "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00= "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- statement of purpose
- resume or curriculum vitae
- letters of recommendation (optional)
- application essay
- proof of English proficiency
International15240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15240 USD per year during 24 months.
National15240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15240 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State13928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13928 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.