Why study Art Education?
The Master of Arts in Art Education is a bold summer intensive graduate degree designed to advance professional careers of artists and educators who are committed to democratizing access to high quality arts education in various settings that include schools, museums and galleries, as well as community and cultural organizations.
The Master of Arts in Art Education at the University of Cincinnati prepares today’s teachers and future educators to address ongoing social change.
Our mission is to educate artists, designers, architects, and creative practitioners to teach visual arts and design in diverse settings that include public and private schools (kindergarten through university-level), museums, community programs, corporate settings, hospitals, long-term care facilities and rehabilitation centers. Professionally trained creative educators can facilitate transformative experiences for all learners, activating connections between art & design in the everyday and harnessing the power of imagination to address current issues.Notable features of the Master of Arts in Art Education program include:
- Advantageous location within the College of DAAP, situated within Research I University; Work with world class faculty and resources;
- Experiential learning emphasis and UC’s powerful cooperative education platform;
- Leading-edge, transdisciplinary research and collaborations: i.e., Urban Futures, Digital Media, Livewell Collaborative;
- Customizable curriculum that supports creative approaches for addressing emergent and unscripted challenges across cultures.
- Visual Arts Research Methods
- Arts Based Research: Foundations, Visualizations, and Practice
- Master's Research Project
- Historical Perspectives
- Teacher Education courses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts Art Education View 837 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Cincinnati and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- University Graduate Application (online)
- Unofficial transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A current resume
- Statement of Intent
- Portfolio in a single PDF file
International26644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26644 USD per year during 24 months.
National26644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26644 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14902 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14902 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cincinnati
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.