The Music - Technology program requires 36 hours past the Bachelor’s degree for completion of the degree. Graduate students in the program have a required summer semester serving as an intern at a national or international music technology company.
Vision and Mission
The Florida International University School of Music serves over 300 music majors from eighteen countries with twenty-two full-time faculty and thirty adjunct faculty members. FIU offers the Bachelor of Music degree with concentrations in string, vocal, wind, brass, percussion, and keyboard performance; composition; jazz performance; music technology; and Music Education. Graduate programs include the Master of Music in composition, conducting, jazz, music technology, and performance. FIU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the School of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The culmination of a student’s work at FIU is the thesis project, which is a major technological undertaking.
- Most graduate Music Technology majors will begin with Electronic Music III and continue through the sequence of music technology courses, although the exceptional student may enter in Computer Music Seminar I.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Organized auditions are held three times per year, but can be scheduled at other times throughout the year.
DisciplinesMusic View 934 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Statement of Intent
- A portfolio of software, hardware, electro-acoustic compositions, sound design, and/or other works involving technology preferably focusing on creative applications of technology.
- A C.V. outlining the applicant’s studies and work with music technology and academic background
- Provide the names and emails of two people that you would like to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- In certain instances M.M. candidates will also have an interview with the Area Coordinator. The purpose of this interview is to better understand the candidate’s interest and previous experiences with music technology.
International18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State8202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4101 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.