The Music program at Temple University is also ideal for students who perform professionally and who wish to pursue secondary careers teaching in colleges or universities. This 30-credit graduate program comprises a blend of coursework in music history, music theory and research, and electives in areas including applied music, dance, music education or musical theater, depending on your areas of interest.
Music MA students broaden their experience in music studies and develop problem-solving expertise in a field of practice. You will take coursework with other Boyer College of Music and Dance graduate students, giving you a richer, more interdisciplinary graduate experience and opportunities to exchange ideas with students in other degree programs.In their final academic year, students are required to:
- complete a final music history or theory paper or final composition (all of which are suitable for doctoral degree program applications);
- pass a foreign language proficiency examination;
- perform a piano proficiency examination; and
- take a comprehensive exit examination based on their individual curriculum.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Diatonic Harm
- Chromatic Harm
- Counterpoint Review
- Grad Aural Theory Review
- Remedial Studies in Music History
- 48 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 969 other Masters in Music in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1423 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1423 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National1423 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1423 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
In-State1068 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1068 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.