The Master of Architecture MArch at the University of Illinois at Chicago consists of a studio-centered curriculum supported by required and elective course work in architectural technology and theory. Applicants must have completed a calculus course and a year-long survey in architectural history or art history prior to enrolling in the program.
The typical three-year course of study proceeds roughly through the following stages:
1. Incorporate the knowledge, techniques, methods and manners of the discipline;
2. Apply disciplinary means to frame and respond to the given problems and requests of external situations;
3. Expand the discipline by conducting advanced design research that identifies and addresses concerns that have yet to be recognized.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Architectural Theory and History
- Professional Practices
- Architectural Design
- Design Development
- Architectural Technology
- Topic Studio
- Architectural Structures
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
Minimum Semester Hours Required 64–100, depending on the student's level of preparation.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 329 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- GRE scores are now optional for fall 2021 applicants, though applicants are still encouraged to submit scores when possible.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- A 500-word statement in which applicants should discuss academic interests and objectives, how they can be pursued through study at UIC, what the applicant would contribute to the program, and why they want to pursue a degree at UIC, specifically. Applicants should also explain how their architectural interests have been shaped by significant past experiences.
- Portfolio review and evaluation of previous course work are required for all applicants.
Applicants without an undergraduate degree in architecture must fulfill prerequisites before enrolling:
- A year-long university-level survey in art history or architecture history
- A university-level course in calculus offered through a mathematics department
International24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 36 months.
National24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State11870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5935 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.