In this Computer Engineering program from Florida Atlantic University students in the program build a foundational background in computer architecture and design, software development and computer systems, and are exposed to the latest advances in various areas including embedded systems, structured VLSI design, design of digital systems, cryptography, computer networks, wireless communications, vehicular networks, IoT and smart systems, parallel and distributed systems, medical information systems, machine learning, artificial intelligence, robotics, and signal processing.
The program can be completed on campus or fully online.
The non-thesis option requires a minimum of 3 core courses and 7 elective courses. The thesis option requires 3 core courses, 5 elective courses and 6 thesis credits.
- Computer Architecture and Design
- Software Development, and Computer Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 1094 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Florida Atlantic University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students are expected to have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field. Applicants with a different background are encouraged to apply. Students are expected to be proficient in programming and to have taken courses in calculus 2, statistics, microprocessor systems, computer architecture or CAD-based computer design, electronics 1 or introduction to VLSI, data structures and algorithm analysis. The admission committee will evaluate the application holistically to determine applicant suitability using several factors such as academic performance, GPA, GRE scores, background and experience. The admission committee may assign remedial courses on a case-by-case basis.
International30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1026 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1026 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State11130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 371 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Boca Raton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.