Students in this Computer Science program from the Florida Atlantic University build a foundational background in computer science theory, software development and computer systems, and are exposed to the latest advances in various areas including machine learning, artificial intelligence, data science, advanced programming methodologies, database systems, cybersecurity, cryptography, wireless communications and networking, IoT and smart systems, bioinformatics, multimedia systems, mobile application development, and healthcare informatics.
The program can be completed on campus or fully online.
The EECS Department offers a rich and diverse selection of elective courses in traditional areas of computer science and in the areas of research of the faculty including software engineering, machine learning, artificial intelligence, data science, advanced programming methodologies, database systems, computer networks, wireless networking, cybersecurity, cryptography, IoT and smart systems, bioinformatics, multimedia systems, mobile application development, and healthcare informatics.
Visit the department course schedule for a comprehensive list of elective courses.
- Theory and Philosophy of Computation
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Randomized Algorithms
- Queueing Theory
- Multimedia Programming
- Software Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Cyber Security View 196 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Florida Atlantic University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students are expected to have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. Applicants with a different background are encouraged to apply. Students are expected to be proficient in programming and to have taken calculus 2 and a statistics course, as well as being knowledgeable in the topics of data structures, algorithm design and analysis, operating systems, and computer architecture.
- The admission committee will evaluate the application holistically to determine applicant suitability using several factors such as academic performance, GPA, GRE scores, background and experience. The admission committee may assign remedial courses on a case-by-case basis.
International30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1026 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1026 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State11130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 371 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.