The Translational Medicine program offered by the University of California, San Francisco provides a unique combination of engineering, business, and clinical expertise. The program revolves around a professionally oriented, team-based capstone project experience with mentorship from academic leaders, clinical specialists, and industry professionals. Students join the learning communities on both campuses, taking elective classes in engineering, business, public health, and more.
MTM graduates pursue numerous career paths after graduation. Most find careers in industry, with program graduates working in consulting, at medical device companies large and small, as well as in biotech.
A smaller portion of MTM graduates have continued their education, typically pursuing MD or PhD degrees.
A number of MTM students have taken time out of their medical education or clinical practice to develop the skills for translating new ideas into improved clinical outcomes.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Translational Challenges: Diagnostics, Devices, and Therapeutics
- Ethical and Social Issues in Translational Medicine
- Clinical Need-Based Therapy Solutions
- Designing Clinical Research (2 quarter units)
- Translational Challenges in Medicine – “Anti-Medical School”
- Health Care Finance & Economics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
24 semester units* of upper division and graduate courses
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 480 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- The Graduate Application for Admission and Fellowships (online)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Additional materials (if needed)
- Unofficial Transcripts (submitted online)
- Conversion of GPA (for International Students Only)
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Official Scores (General Test only). Or, Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) Scores are an acceptable substitute for interested physicians, medical students, and pre-medical students.
- Application Fee
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11442 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11442 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.