The M.S. in Mathematics at The University of New Mexico is awarded under either Plan I: 26 hours and 6 hours thesis or Plan II: 32 hours. Under Plan II instead of writing a thesis, students must pass the M.S./Ph.D. Qualifying Exam at master’s level. To enter the Ph.D. program, students must pass this same exam but at a higher level, hence the Ph.D. qualifying examination requirements are the same as those listed for M.S. Plan II. After passing the Qualifying Exam, the Ph.D. candidate must fulfill 18 more hours of course credits, pass the Doctoral Comprehensive Exam, fulfill a language requirement, accumulate at least 18 hours of dissertation credits, and finally submit and defend his/her dissertation.The general requirements for both the M.S. and Ph.D. in Mathematics degrees are given in the UNM Catalog. Specific academic requirements, necessary paperwork, and deadlines are discussed and described in detail in the Mathematics Graduate Handbook.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intermediate Algebra Part I
- Intermediate Algebra Part II
- Intermediate Algebra Part III
- Math El Sch Tchr I
- Calculus Mathematics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 387 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- Must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or its equivalent in another country.
- Generally, applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (B) or its equivalent in their last two undergraduate years and in their major field.
- Must indicate all academic institutions they have previously attended on their applications.
- In most departments, the minimum undergraduate prerequisite is 12 semester hours of upper division course work (300-level courses or higher) in the major field to which the student is applying, or in cognate areas.
International26636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26636 USD per year during 12 months.
National26636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26636 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8509 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8509 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.