Master of Health Administration (MHA)
The Health Administration curriculum at The University of New Mexico is designed to address the particular cost, quality, and access needs of the healthcare industry. The curriculum focuses on healthcare policy and administration issues facing health services organizations, such as health analytics, health care finance, quality improvement, management, and leadership. The MHA coursework reflects the needs of our region's Hispanic, Native American, rural, and low-income populations. The goal of the MHA program is to produce culturally competent, evidence-based managers and leaders who seek to improve and transform the health of the populations served by their organizations.
Course FormatsTo address the needs of our extensive region and diverse student body, the MHA program is offered in both traditional and synchronous-online formats. Albuquerque-based students attend classes on the main campus of UNM. Distance students attend these same classes, at the same time, using an online learning portal. To accommodate mid-career professionals, all of our classes are offered at either 4:00 PM or 7:00 PM, Monday through Thursday. (Some electives courses are also offered on Saturdays at 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM.)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Health Policy & Management
- Institutional Development & Behavior
- Healthcare Finance
- Human Resources Management in the Public Sector
- Research Methods for Public Managers
- Health Governance in Global Perspective
- Health Economics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Management View 564 other Masters in Health Management in United States
- Apply online
- Must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or its equivalent in another country.
- Generally, applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (B) or its equivalent in their last two undergraduate years and in their major field.
- Must indicate all academic institutions they have previously attended on their applications.
- In most departments, the minimum undergraduate prerequisite is 12 semester hours of upper division course work (300-level courses or higher) in the major field to which the student is applying, or in cognate areas.
International26636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26636 USD per year during 12 months.
National26636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26636 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8509 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8509 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.