These programs from George Mason University will prepare students for a rewarding career in federal, state and local governments, laboratories, or to obtain advanced education for professionals currently in the field.
This Forensic Science program provides an exciting and innovative curriculum that offers hands-on training in crime scene investigation techniques and crime lab methodologies. These courses are designed to provide exposure / training to:
• Forensic laboratory tests• Criminal procedures and expert testimony• Forensic Chemistry and Biology• Trace analysis and physical evidence analysis
• Professional ethics and quality control
his graduate degree will prepare students for a rewarding career in federal, state and local laboratories, investigative or intelligence agencies, private companies, or allow professionals currently working in the field an opportunity to improve their education and optimize career advancement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses included:
- Introduction to Forensic Science
- Basic Crime Analysis
- Advanced Crime Scene Analysis
- Law and Forensic Science
- Trace and Physical Evidence Concepts
- Forensics Seminar
- Forensic Research Project
- Physical Evidence Laboratory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Forensic Science View 104 other Masters in Forensic Science in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1512 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1512 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State624 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 624 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.