Our faculty have expertise in many areas of computer science, including algorithms and theory, artificial intelligence, computer gaming, computer networks, databases, data mining, graphics, image and video processing, information security and assurance, information systems, knowledge engineering, pattern recognition, programming languages, real- time systems, robotics, software engineering, and vision.
The Computer Science graduate program from George Mason University prepares students for research and professional practice in computer science and related technologies. The program includes both fundamentals and advanced work in the areas of artificial intelligence and databases, programming languages and software engineering, systems and networks, theoretical computer science, and visual computing.
Graduate classes are divided into basic classes, which have no graduate course prerequisite, and advanced classes, which have a graduate class as a prerequisite. Graduate classes are generally offered in the late afternoon and evening. Financial aid in the form of graduate assistantships may be available for full-time degree-seeking students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Database Systems
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Theory and Applications of Data Mining
- Language Processors
- Object-Oriented Software Specification and Construction
- Software Design and Architecture
- Computer Communications and Networking
- Operating Systems
- Information Security Theory and Practice
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Computer Graphics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Artificial Intelligence View 378 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State524 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.