The Applied Industrial and Organizational Psychology program is intended to give HR professionals and business professionals the skills they need to foster a culture where each employee feels empowered and motivated to contribute new ideas, effect change, and do their best work every day.
George Mason University students learn how to assess and evaluate candidates to determine their fit for the company and specific positions, identify employees’ individual motivations, establish meaningful evaluations and reward systems, and improve training and performance programs.
Main areas of study focus on understanding and applying concepts in: research and data analytic methods, evidence-based practices, and client communication skills.
You learn how to consistently hire candidates who are the right fit for the company, identify employees’ individual motivations, establish meaningful evaluations and reward systems, and improve training and performance programs.
Main areas of study focus on understanding and applying concepts in:
- Research and Data Analytic Methods
- Evidence-Based Practices
- Client Communication Skills
The online MPS in Applied Industrial and Organizational Psychology is the ideal degree for professionals who’d like to reduce human capital expenses and maximize productivity while learning in a flexible, competitively priced, program.
Our graduates will work in human resources and in senior management positions across a wide variety of businesses. Their abilities to construct, understand and apply research and data in human behavior as it applies to the workplace make them valuable assets to companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Survey of Industrial Psychology
- Survey of Organizational Processes
- Employee Selection
- Psychological Research Methods
- Applied Data Analysis in Psychology
- Psychology Practicum
- Applied Leadership and Teamwork
- Motivation and Well-Being
- Organizational Change and Development
- Performance Management
- Benefits and Compensation
- Workplace Training
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Research Organisational Behaviour View 170 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1612 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1612 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1612 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1612 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State724 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 724 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.