The Financial Economics program at the Australian National University not only teaches students how to apply well known models but also equips them with an understanding of the technical foundations of those models.
These skills are highly marketable because they allow for the design and empirical testing of new financial instruments and models in new market environments.
- Utilise standard financial models to analyse and price financial assets.
- Utilise their understanding of the economic foundations of financial assets as claims on resources in various market and corporate settings to design financial instruments and strategies.
- Use time series statistics and financial econometrics to evaluate financial economic models.
- Justify and communicate the necessary management skills for dealing with organisations, teams and policy issues, so as to be able to work independently and collaboratively to collect, process, interpret and communicate the outcomes of financial economic problems; and,
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to critically engage with and evaluate financial economic problems
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
- Mathematical Techniques in Economics
- Topics in Microeconomic Theory
- Diploma Microeconomics
- Applied Macro and Financial Econometrics
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Applied Investments
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Financial Mathematics View 148 other Masters in Finance in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent in a cognate discipline with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0
International45360 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45360 AUD per year during 24 months.
National35430 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35430 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.