Manchester stands out from athletic training master's programs at competitor schools with large enrollments. At Manchester, class sizes are small, affording plenty of personal attention from highly trained, skilled faculty, making sure your questions are answered and lessons are understood.
Goals of the Athletic Training major at Manchester University
The goal of the Master of Athletic Training Program (“the program”) at Manchester University is to prepare qualified entry-level Athletic Trainers for the profession of Athletic Training. Through a curriculum which includes both classroom and clinical, "hands-on" education, the program endeavors to prepare individuals who are educationally well-rounded, critical thinkers, good citizens, and professionally active, as well as competent health care providers.
Objectives of the MAT Program
- To produce quality Athletic Training professionals for potential employment in a variety of health care settings;
- To prepare student to pass the BOC certification examination through a CAATE-accredited educational program;
- To promote professional and ethical conduct at all times in accordance with the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Code of Ethics;
- To provide exemplary classroom and clinical learning environments in which students can develop the appropriate knowledge, skills, and clinical proficiency for an Athletic Training professional.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Athletic Training Practice
- Topics in Athletic Training
- Administration of Athletic Training Services
- Therapeutic Modalities
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Ethics and Psychosocial Aspects of Sport
- Medical Considerations for the Physically Active
- Pharmacology in Athletic Training
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation: Upper Extremity
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 235 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A 3.0 cumulative undergraduate grade point average
- Acceptable reference recommendations
- Completion of Manchester University Health Form and vaccination record
Completion of each of the following undergraduate courses with a minimum grade of C+ (2.30/4.00):
- Human Anatomy with lab (Lecture and lab = at least 4.0 semester hours)
- Human Physiology with lab (Lecture and lab = at least 4.0 semester hours)
- Exercise Physiology with lab (Lecture and lab = at least 4.0 semester hours)
- Principles of Fitness and Exercise Prescription
- General Psychology
- Medical Terminology
International19980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19980 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National19000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.