The Music Performance program of the Northern Arizona University is an excellent choice for students who wish one year of concentrated study in their performance area before pursuing a graduate degree.
18-credit graduate certificate in music performance is especially designed for post-baccalaureate students who wish to focus on an applied instrumental or vocal curriculum in order to enhance their individual performance skills. The certificate is an excellent choice for students who wish one year of concentrated study in their performance area before pursuing a graduate degree.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing this post-baccalaureate certificate program will:
- comprehend, practice, and demonstrate the fundamentals and advanced technical, musical, and artistic development necessary for success on a primary instrument.
- interpret, distinguish, and demonstrate knowledge of historical performance practices within specific instrumental repertoire.
- synthesize and employ all musical, technical, and theoretical information gathered in repertoire and performance training to prepare for auditions into professional organizations and/or competitive doctoral programs
- classify vocal music repertory within an intellectual and cultural context
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of appropriate vocal literature within a historical context
- comprehend, practice, and demonstrate the fundamentals and advanced technical, musical, and artistic development necessary for success in vocal performance.
- synthesize and employ all musical, technical, and theoretical information gathered in repertoire and performance training to prepare for auditions into professional organizations and/or competitive graduate programs in the United States
- Private Lessons
- Public Recital
- Public Lecture Recital
- Large ensembles
- Chamber music
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology Music Performance View 582 other Masters in Musicology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Northern Arizona University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- English language proficiency scores.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement or essay
- Video or Audio File: prospective students pursuing a music performance certificate must submit a 15-20 minute audio/visual recording that demonstrates their skills to the major faculty member in their area before scheduling a live audition (unless prior permission has been attained from the major professor).
International26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
National26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11004 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.